In 2018 the following organizations and institutions were awarded a non-competitive $1,000 mini-grant in support of their ongoing Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, Rehabilitation or Educational Activities:
- Volusia Turtle Patrol
- South Ponte Vedra Turtle Patrol
- Blue Turtle Green Bird Society, Inc.
- Sea Turtle Adventures, Inc.
- South Florida Audubon Society
- The Friends of Rookery Bay
- Alligator Point Sea Turtle Patrol
- Supporters of St. Vincent NWR
- South Walton Turtle Watch Group
- Dr. Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park
Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida’s Marine Turtle Permit Holders. Recipients were randomly selected at the annual Committee Meeting from a listed of organizations and institutions that registered for the 2018 – 2019 funding cycle. The selected groups have not received funding from the Sea Turtle Grants Program in the previous grant cycle or for any other purpose in the current cycle.