In 2017 the following organizations and institutions were awarded a non-competitive $1,000 mini-grant in support of their ongoing Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, Rehabilitation or Educational Activities:
- Anna Maria Island Turtle Watch and Shorebird Monitoring
- Coastal Wildlife Club, Inc.
- Eastman Environmental
- Florida Oceanographic Society
- Fort Pierce Inlet State Park
- Friends of the GTM Research Reserve
- Indian River County
- New Smyrna Beach Marine Turtle Conservancy
- Pensacola Beach Advocates, Inc.
- Friends of Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida’s Marine Turtle Permit Holders. Recipients were randomly selected at the annual Committee Meeting from a listed of organizations and institutions that registered for the 2017 – 2018 funding cycle. The selected groups have not received funding from the Sea Turtle Grants Program in the previous grant cycle or for any other purpose in the current cycle.