In 2016 the following organizations and institutions were awarded a non-competitive $1,000 mini-grant in support of their ongoing Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, Rehabilitation or Educational Activities:
- Hobe Sound Nature Center – Hobe Sound NWR
- Beaches Sea Turtle Patrol, Inc.
- Blue Turtle Society
- Alligator Point Sea Turtle Patrol, Inc.
- SPVB Marine Turtle Patrol Inc.
- Sea Turtle Trackers
- Loggerhead Marinelife Center
- Supporters of St. Vincent NWR, Inc.
- Turtle Time, Inc.
- Apalachicola NERR
Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida’s Marine Turtle Permit Holders. Recipients were randomly selected at the annual Committee Meeting from a listed of organizations and institutions that registered for the 2016 – 2017 funding cycle. The selected groups have not received funding from the Sea Turtle Grants Program in the previous grant cycle or for any other purpose in the current cycle.