In 2013 the following organizations and institutions were awarded a non-competitive $1,000 mini-grant in support of their ongoing Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, Rehabilitation or Educational Activities:
- Beaches Sea Turtle Patrol, Inc.
- Camp Helen State Park
- Florida Oceanographic Society
- Friends of the Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Sea Turtle Conservation League of Singer Island, Inc.
- Sea Turtle Volunteer Program of Highland Beach
- South Ponte Vedra Turtle Patrol
- Supporters of St.Vincent NWR
Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida’s Marine Turtle Permit Holders. Recipients were randomly selected at the annual Committee Meeting from a listed of organizations and institutions that registered for the 2013 – 2014 funding cycle. The selected groups have not received funding from the Sea Turtle Grants Program in the previous grant cycle or for any other purpose in the current cycle.