In 2012 the following organizations and institutions were awarded a non-competitive $1,000 mini-grant in support of their ongoing Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, Rehabilitation or Educational Activities:
- Coastal Wildlife Club, Inc.
- Indian River County
- South Walton Turtle Watch Group
- Eastman Environmental
- Volusia Sea Turtle Society
- Miami Dade Parks
- Amelia Island Sea Turtle Watch, Inc.
- Alligator Point Sea Turtle Patrol, Inc.
- ANERR St. George Island Volunteer Turtlers
Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida’s Marine Turtle Permit Holders. Recipients were randomly selected at the annual Committee Meeting from a listed of organizations and institutions that registered for the 2012 – 2013 funding cycle. The selected groups have not received funding from the Sea Turtle Grants Program in the previous grant cycle or for any other purpose in the current cycle.