In 2011 the following organizations and institutions were awarded a non-competitive $1,000 mini-grant in support of their ongoing Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, Rehabilitation or Educational Activities:
- Friends of the Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve, Inc.
- Beaches Sea Turtle Patrol, Inc.
- Turtle Time, Inc.
- Fort Pierce Inlet State Park
- Supporters of St. Vincent, NWR, Inc
- Loggerhead Marinelife Center
- Broward County Sea Turtle Conservation Program
- Florida Oceanographic Society
- Sea Turtle Oversight Protection, Inc.
- Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve
Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida’s Marine Turtle Permit Holders. Recipients were selected by the Committee from a listed of organizations and institutions that registered for the 2011 – 2012 funding cycle. The selected groups have not received funding from the Sea Turtle Grants Program in the previous grant cycle or for any other purpose in the current cycle.