In 2009 the following organizations and institutions were awarded a non-competitive $1,000 mini-grant in support of their ongoing Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, Rehabilitation or Educational Activities:
- Coastal Wildlife Club, Inc.
- Miami-Dade Parks
- Volusia Sea Turtle Society, Inc.
- The Friends of Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
- Supporters of St. Vincent NWR, Inc
- Friends of the Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Research Reserve
- Turtle Time, Inc
- Fort Pierce Inlet State Park
- ANERR St. George Island Volunteer Turtlers
- Matanzas Turtle Patrol
Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida’s Marine Turtle Permit Holders. Recipients were selected by the Committee from a listed of organizations and institutions that registered for the 2009 – 2010 funding cycle. The selected groups have not received funding from the Sea Turtle Grants Program in the previous grant cycle or for any other purpose in the current cycle.