In 2008 the following organizations and institutions were awarded a non-competitive $1,000 mini-grant in support of their ongoing Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, Rehabilitation or Educational Activities:
- Friends of the Marine Science Center
- Gasparilla Island Sea Turtle Patrol
- Beaches Sea Turtle Patrol, Inc.
- Sea Turtle Volunteer Program of Highland Beach
- South Ponte Vedra Turtle Patrol
- Anna Maria Island Turtle Watch
- Amelia Island Sea Turtle Watch
- Dog Island Marine Turtle Watch
- Broward County Sea Turtle Conservation Program
- Alligator Point Sea Turtle Patrol
Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida’s Marine Turtle Permit Holders. Recipients were selected by the Committee from a listed of organizations and institutions that registered for the 2008 – 2009 funding cycle. The selected groups have not received funding from the Sea Turtle Grants Program in the previous grant cycle or for any other purpose in the current cycle.