In 2007 the following organizations and institutions were awarded a non-competitive $1,000 mini-grant in support of their ongoing Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, Rehabilitation or Educational Activities:
- Friends of Lovers Key
- ANERR St. George Island Volunteer Turtlers
- Indian River County, Coastal Engineering Division
- John D. MacArthur Beach State Park
- Turtle Time, Inc.
- Coastal Wildlife Club
- Supporters of St. Vincent NWR, Inc.
- St. Andrew Bay Resource Management Association
Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida’s Marine Turtle Permit Holders. Recipients were selected by the Committee from a listed of organizations and institutions that registered for the 2007 – 2008 funding cycle. The selected groups have not received funding from the Sea Turtle Grants Program in the previous grant cycle or for any other purpose in the current cycle.