In 2006 the following organizations and institutions were awarded a non-competitive $1,000 mini-grant in support of their ongoing Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, Rehabilitation or Educational Activities:
- Alligator Point Turtle Patrol
- Amelia Island Turtle Watch, Inc.
- Beaches Sea Turtle Patrol
- Broward County Sea Turtle Program
- Gumbo Limbo Nature Center
- Marine Science Center
- Miami-Dade Parks
- Sea Turtle League of Singer Island
- St. Joseph Pen. State Park
- Volusia Turtle Patrol
Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida’s Marine Turtle Permit Holders. Recipients were selected by the Committee from a listed of organizations and institutions that registered for the 2006 – 2007 funding cycle. The selected groups have not received funding from the Sea Turtle Grants Program in the previous grant cycle or for any other purpose in the current cycle.