In 2005 the following organizations and institutions were awarded a non-competitive $1,000 mini-grant in support of their ongoing Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, Rehabilitation or Educational Activities:
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- Coastal Wildlife Club, Inc.
- Dog Island Marine Turtle Project
- Egmont Key Alliance
- Gasparilla Island Sea Turtle Patrol
- South Ponte Vedra Turtle Patrol
- The Conservancy of Southwest Florida
- Turtle Kraals Museum
- Turtle Time, Inc.
Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida’s Marine Turtle Permit Holders. Recipients were selected by the Committee from a listed of organizations and institutions that registered for the 2005 – 2006 funding cycle. The selected groups have not received funding from the Sea Turtle Grants Program in the previous grant cycle or for any other purpose in the current cycle.